University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a master's program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- have a minimum 2.8 GPA (on a scale in which an A is a 4.0) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. The unofficial transcript should be easily readable and clearly indicate degree(s) awarded, courses and course grades for each term. If accepted, official transcripts can be emailed from the university to GraduateAdmissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Illinois State University, Graduate School, 209 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 4040, Normal, IL 61790-4040.
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
Students applying to this program must:
- have a bachelor's degree in chemistry. Students who have a bachelor's degree in areas such as biology, physics, or geology should not apply to this program, but to the Master of Chemistry Education program.
- submit names and email addresses of two references for letters of recommendation within the online application. One of the references must be able to attest to teaching experience.
International students applying to the Master of Chemistry Education program must have a TOEFL score of at least 100 iBT, IELTS score of 7.0 band or Duolingo score of 120.
Global Access to Online Degree Programs
When applying, international students applying to a fully online program must agree to our international online and hybrid programs disclosure and disclaimer statements. Due to limited on-campus courses, immigration documentation cannot be issued for students seeking F-1 or J-1 status.
Admission Dates and Deadlines
|Fall (August)||June 1|
|Spring (January)||December 1|
|Summer (May/June)||May 1|
|Dr. Sarah Boesdorfer||Julian email@example.com||(309) 438-7905|