Register for Chemistry eLearning Courses
If you are new to Illinois State or it has been more than a year since you took a course at Illinois State, you must first Apply to the University – See steps below. Please allow 5-7 business days to complete the entire application and registration process!
Summer 2023 Courses Run: June 5 - July 28, 2023
Last Day to Request a Course Permit: June 5, 2023
Online self-registration for Summer 2023 is open until May 22, 2023. Additional instructions will be posted on how to register after that date.
- Complete your Financial Responsibility Agreement (and clear other holds and to-do's). The Financial Responsibility Agreement needs to be signed every semester you wish to enroll in a class. To clear this hold, please follow these steps.
- Submit the Course Permit Form. ALL students will need to fill out and submit the Course Permit Request for EACH course they wish to register for. The last day to request a Course Permit is June 5, 2023. The request form can be found in My.IllinoisState. Click on Academics in the top red navigation. The form will be in the Registration section. Filling out this form WILL NOT register you for your selected courses. After completing the course permit form, you should receive an email at your university email address indicating that you can now register for the course. Please allow 2-3 business days to process your permit form. If you do not receive a timely confirmation email, please email us.
- Register for the course. You can register in the Student Center found in My.IllinoisState during open registration dates and times. If you have questions while completing the registration process, please contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357. Step by step instructions are included for your convenience:
- Go to My.IllinoisState and log in.
- Click on Student Center under "What Are You Looking For?".
- Click on Manage Classes and then Register for Classes.
- Select the semester you wish to register for.
- Use Class Search and Enroll to find the classes you want to enroll in. Various search options are available.
- To show available sections of your course, click on the arrow in the rectangular area where the course information is shown.
- Review the Class Selection and click on the arrow to select it for enrollment.
- Review the class preferences and click "Accept".
- When ready, click "Submit".
- If you have no holds and are allowed to register for the class, you will see a green check mark. If a red x appears, you will not be allowed to register and a message will be displayed that will tell you why.
How to Apply to Illinois State University
Last Day to Apply to Illinois State: May 26, 2023
- Create an account in the University Admissions System.
- Start an application for graduate school and apply as a “Non-Degree (VISITING)” student.
- Complete the application and then submit it. After submitting your application, you will be prompted to pay the $50 application fee, payable by credit card. You will not be able to see your status page until the payment is made.
- Verify that you have been admitted to the university. Log back on to your University Admissions System account, connect.illinoisstate.edu/status, to verify that you have been admitted to the university. If your application has not been accepted, you may see a list of items that you need to complete to finish your application. You will need your DOB and UID (also included in the letter/status page), and you will need to verify your third-party email address.
- Activate your ULID. Instructions on this process are within the acceptance letter, which is mailed to them and posted to your status page.
- Go to My.IllinoisState and log in with your ULID. Begin the registration process described above.
- Fill out and submit the Course Permit Form. The last day to request a Course Permit is June 5, 2023. The permit form can be found in My.IllinoisState. Click on Academics in the top red navigation. The form will be in the Registration section. Filling out this form WILL NOT register you for your selected courses. After completing the course permit form, you should receive an email at your university email address indicating that you can now register for the course. Please allow 2-3 business days to process your permit form. If you do not receive a timely confirmation email, please email us. Students who do not need to fill out a course permit form will not receive a confirmation email.
Still have questions?
Check our FAQ page or contact us at ChemEd@IllinoisState.edu.